|Low Enrollment Cancellation |
This cancellation policy sub-section applies to all courses that require an in-person component. Child Care Academy makes every effort to promote scheduled in-person classes. That said, we reserve the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. A minimum number of 5 participants is necessary for any CPR/AED/First Aid class to be conducted. In the case of a class cancellation, any student who has paid for a class will receive priority enrollment in the next available class within the next two weeks and within a 25 mile radius of the customer.
Student Cancellation If a student cancels within 24 hours of their registration (this means within 24 hours of registering. It does NOT MEAN WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE COURSE TAKING PLACE), they are entitled to a refund minus a $5 administrative fee. After the 24 hour cancellation period, REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. This policy only applies to cancellations prior to the scheduled class meeting. If the student does not show up or does not call prior to the class, the Student No-Show policy applies. Notification of cancellation must be made via email or telephone call/voicemail.
If a class is cancelled due to severe weather, instructor illness/injury, family emergencies or any unexpected emergency, registered students will receive priority enrollment in the next available class. And, if there are no available classes in the next two weeks within a 25 miles radius of the customer, students will be eligible for a full refund.
REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE POLICIES:
Students who do not attend a scheduled class session are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND. Special exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Student Retake Policy
If a student fails a class (skills check, written test or online portion), no certificate will be provided. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED. The student has the option of taking the class again at 50% of the cost.
If you are taking an ASHI class, it is their policy that students receive/purchase a book prior to the class.
Students registered for full, in-person classes must arrive on time and be present for the entire class to receive a certification. Students arriving more than 15 (fifteen) minutes late may be denied entry. Skills check sessions only have a 5-minute grace period. After 5-minutes, students will be denied entry and will have to reschedule their skills check session.
ADA COMPLIANCE POLICIES:
Effective January 26, 1992, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) bars discrimination against persons with disabilities in places of public accommodation. Title III of the law bars private entities (schools, banks, restaurants, social service agencies, offices, retail sales establishments, etc.) from discriminating against individuals with disabilities in the provision of their goods and services. Individuals with qualifying physical or mental disabilities will not be denied participation in the goods, services, facilities, advantages or accommodations offered to the public. As a place of public accommodation, we will not discriminate against any patrons, clients, invitees or guests on the basis, of real or perceived qualifying disabilities.
Child Care Academy will
- Allow access to anyone seeking admission to a course (provided prerequisites are satisfied) regardless of real or perceived inability to participate in or pass the course.
- Allow participants in every course to participate within the limits of their ability and learn as much as they can. For some people, certification may not be important. For those individuals, focus on helping them to learn as much as possible.
- Discuss possible solutions with the individual or his or her guardian, and if the individual prefers and provides permission, a medical provider. Accommodations may need to be arranged in advance and will be done so in compliance with all federal, state and local laws. We may not provide the accommodation preferred by the individual as, long as the accommodation offered is reasonable (i.e., building a permanent ramp into a pool versus using a swing-arm harness). We will seek to first cover the costs for reasonable accommodation without a surcharge, but may offer the option for students to pay a portion or all, of unreasonable accommodations if they should choose.
- Certify each participant who can meet course skill and knowledge testing objectives.
- Use available resources to assist people with special needs.
Please contact our office with any questions about the cancellation policy.